Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trip to France Part One...Arles

Here are a few pictures from our trip to France. I'm having a hard time getting the pictures to just be straight. I'm still a novice at blogging.

We spent the first four days in a small town in the Provence region (southern France) called Arles. My favorite thing about the town was the cobblestone streets and the colors of their doors and shutters. The narrow streets were frightening at first...the little cars whip around the corners while we'd shuffle to the side with our double stroller. But we got used to it. This was one of my favorite doors...I love the mail on the doorstep.







We saw some really amazing Roman sites that are a couple thousand years old. The ampitheater in particular was really cool.
Thanks to Rick Steves, we found a FABULOUS ice-cream shop that also happened to be super cute. She only opened her shop from 2:30-6:30 or something. Everything was red and yellow. She had great flavors - pear was a huge fave and I loved the plum. She closed on our last full day because it rained in the morning. Quinn and I were very, very sad.

This next picture comes from another favorite part of the trip...the market. See those crates? Those are chickens and rabbits. You know, in case you want some fresh meat. We did NOT buy any of those. Here are some other maket pictures.



Quinn figured out she loved the baguette, so we have a series of pictures with her holding a fresh one. I happened to



love the croissant. But we didn't take pictures of me holding them. Somehow that probably wouldn't have been as cute.

That's it for this post. There will be more to come.

4 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to go. I love the old buildings! Pear ice cream sounds so yummy... Post some more pics! Alison

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

Wow the whole family went ye?

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

Rick Steve's rocks! Thats how we got around Paris when we went.

BrittanyW said...

Your trip looked so fun! Thanks for sending us a Christmas card...it was so cute! Hope you guys are doing well! :)