Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Heart Obama

Barack Obama makes me tear up sometimes.

Yes, Hillary kind of debates better. Yes, McCain has a million more years of experience. But I seriously welled up at one of Obama's speeches, and I think that counts for something.

I frankly am tired of having to choose between what I personally consider mediocre options (i.e., Gore/Bush, Kerry/Bush). Shouldn't a leader be inspiring?

I love that this somewhat obscure man could stand a chance against the McCain/Clinton political machines. I find him quite respectful and humble, and in spite of his excessive use of "that" in his book, I have enjoyed reading a more honest and complex view of the political landscape, rather than the rhetoric we usually hear.

I certainly don't agree with either side of the aisle completely, but I really like him.

Now...if it's Clinton and McCain, I'm in trouble.

As a side note, I really think they should have squiggly lines in these blogging boxes to tell you when you misspell a word. Don't you?

3 comments:

The Michiganders said...

We need choices eh?

Laurel said...

Hooray for grammar liberation! When I was in my fourth year in English at BYU a professor told the class *that* most of grammar and punctuation is really a choice. He pointed out how many times "rules" have changed over the years. He added that most authors use them as ways to identify their personal style instead of restrictions. So I decided then and there not to stress myself out over these things. Spelling is another story for me. I get stressed about spelling things correctly.

Jordan said...

While I was with you for a while, I have to disagree now. We need to discuss this whole Obama issue.